Two years after his lauded work on John Sturges's sweeping Western THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN composer Elmer Bernstein created the music for TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD a 1962 film adaptation of Harper Lee's beloved literary classic. In contrast to the former movie's majestic sound Bernstein's score for MOCKINGBIRD (which won a Golden Globe Award and was nominated for an Oscar) is appropriately subtle and nuanced with most tracks featuring delicate woodwind-and-string passages. The 'Main Title' is dreamy and pensive yet slightly foreboding at times expertly evoking the story's larger themes. Poignant pieces such as 'Remember Mama' and 'Jem's Discovery' successfully convey the film's emotional weight while more urgent songs ('Tree Treasure ' 'Assault in the Shadows') perfectly echo its most suspenseful moments. Though not as immediately striking as his soundtracks for THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN and THE GREAT ESCAPE TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD is a prime example of Bernstein at his understated
Shipping and Returns
- We offer tracked shipping on all orders. Tracking information will be shared as soon as the order is dispatched.
- Please check the delivery estimate before adding a product to the cart. This is displayed for every product on the website.
- Available shipping methods and charges will be displayed at the time of checkout, depending on your exact location.
- All customers are entitled to a return window of 14 days, starting from the date of delivery of the product(s).
- Customers are advised to read our return policy for details of the return process, eligibility, refunds as well as cancellations or exchanges.
- In case of any issues or concerns about Shipping or Returns, please contact us and we will be happy to help.